Apart from the curriculum-based learning, at GIS we encourage various extra-curricular program so your child can benefit from an all-round development.
Inter House Activities:
- Recitation Performances
- Instrumental and Solo Singing
- Art Exhibitions
- Debates / Elocution
- Projects / Exhibitions
- Special Assemblies
- Spell Bee / Sudoku / Word Activity
- Gymnastics / Skating / Swimming
- Star Quest
- Art Competitions
- Inter-house matches - Badminton / Lawn Tennis / Football / Cricket / Throwball
- Dance Competitions
- Just a minute / Pick and Speak
- Computer Skill Competitions
Outside the School:
- Field Trips
- Educational Trips
- Visits and interactions with other schools
At GIS, we create opportunities for our students to incorporate the value of 'Service to others' in their lives. Age-appropriate learning and activities take place across grades and throughout the academic year.
Some specific programs include:
- Adopt a school programme.
- Food, clothes and book drives for orphanages or slum schools.
- The integration of international NGO programmes into the experiences of our older students, to instill the concept of a global community and the responsibilities of its citizens.